Committed to the environment
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy place for our
employees and guests, and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- Promote the use of British and local suppliers, producers and manufacturers where possible.
- Continue to enhance our grow our own philosophy by investment and focus on our kitchen gardens,
and a commitment to minimising food waste, and recycling our food waste into our kitchen gardens
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an
environmentally responsible manner with a firm commitment to train, educate and inform our
employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Encourage and reward our supply base for working with us to implement changes in their operating
procedures that will improve environmental and sustainability initiatives.
- Purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly, with particular emphasis on
ensuring we purchase only renewable energy supplies and environmentally responsible suppliers. All new building projects to try and incorporate the latest environmental best practice from a buildings and plant and machinery perspective.
- Reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or refurbished
products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making activities.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity,
raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable.
- Avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Work with, and comply with all Environment Agency legislation and to act on findings to ensure that we reduce our carbon footprint.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to employees, clients, customers, members and the public and encourage them to support.
- Work with third party suppliers such as CleanConscience™, Greenhouse or other such suppliers that have a track record in ethically redistributing or minimising our waste.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and
damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and
planned future activities.
- Ensure that we have environmental champions in each and every property and at each and every level in the organisation and that we have a sustainable programme and emphasis on our environmental policies.
- Have a zero waste direct to landfill policy with a target of 95% of waste to be recycled.