Good to know
Take a look below at some of our frequently asked questions and general 'good to knows' before your stay
- The Hotel
In line with government guidelines, guests are required to wear a face mask when moving around the hotel and in public areas, unless you are enjoying food and drink
There are mandatory tasks where our team members are required to wear masks, however, where guidelines do not apply, wearing a mask is left to their personal discretion
Please demonstrate physical distancing to keep yourselves, fellow guests and our team as safe as possible
Please note our team members are not able to police government guidelines, so please be considerate to others at all times during your stay
Click here for directions through Google Maps, keep your eyes peeled for the sign to our hotel
Our post code is SO21 2LT
We invite all guests to check in from 3pm and ask that you have checked out of your room by 11am
If you arrive before your room is ready, we do ask you store your luggage in your car if possible to minimise contact with your belongings
Yes, it's free of charge, unless you have booked a special rate, until 48 hours before arrival, after this time the full charge applies
Our Open rate is non-refundable, but can be transferred to a different date within a year's period, when giving 7 days notice
All other special rates cannot be cancelled or transferred, so please check the rate details when booking
We have cots available for free and Z-beds for children for £25 per night, per child. Call us to check availability and capacity for your preferred room type.
The Avenue restaurant is adult only for dinner service but you can enjoy fine dining with The Avenue's Chef's Table or our casual all day dining menu in The Drawing Room and The Cedar Bar. Alternatively, there's always room service.
We have a selection dog-friendly rooms you can pick from and for £50 per stay, your furry friend can stay and we'll equip your room with a dog bed, bowl and some doggie treats!
Furry friends are not permitted in our restaurant dining areas, but are more than welcome in the bar or lounges. If they are having a bit a funny five minutes or causing upset our other guests, we will kindly ask if you can relocate you to another area - don't worry there's plenty of grounds for them to enjoy!
Whilst we do have limited availability, our Season cookery classes make a great addition to your stay. You can take a look at our live availability and book online here
Yes, our gym is available for the use of hotel residents - please ask Reception for the entry code
The gym is unsupervised and is used at your own risk
Yes, we offer complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel
The nearest train station is Winchester Station, 2.8 miles away (8 minutes by car)
There are usually taxis outside or we can arrange for a taxi for you - just let us know in advance
We love to welcome all our guests and strive to ensure the whole hotel is accessible to everybody.
Our public areas are accessible for wheelchair users with a ramp.
We have a few bedrooms which are accessible for wheelchair users and has been adapted for easy and comfortable use. The rooms have handrails, an accessible shower and a low level basin in the bathroom. A fridge can also be requested for storing medications in bedrooms. Please request these at the time of booking so we can be sure to accommodate you comfortably.
We hope to be able to welcome you to Lainston House, if you have any accessibility needs or questions, please get in contact us on 01962 776088 and we'll do our best to meet your needs.
7.00am - 10.30am (Monday to Friday)
8.00am - 11.00am (Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holiday Mondays)
We are currently asking for a breakfast time to be booked in advance to allow for safe, distanced dining at a time that suits you. Our reservations team will be in touch prior to arrival.
12.30pm - 2.30pm (Sunday lunch)
12.00pm - 2.00pm
Not open for lunch on Saturday
7.00pm - 9.30pm (Sunday to Thursday)
7.00pm - 9.30pm (Friday to Saturday)
You can enjoy casual dining throughout the day in Cedar Bar and out on our terrace.
Served daily from 2.30pm - 5.30pm and from 1pm on Saturdays, usually within our lounge spaces
Yes, we offer 24 hour room service - please refer to the menu on the tablet in your room
Yes, we politely ask that diners follow a smart/casual dress code with no shorts or trainers
A jacket is not required
- Government guidelines state it is a legal requirement for all guests to wear masks in all hotel public areas, apart from when you are enjoying food and drinks with us. This includes at reception when you arrive.
- If you do not have a reservation with us we ask that you download the NHS Track and Trace app. This can be completed by a lead member of the group who will be responsible for the whole party (maximum of 6).
- We have invested in the latest non-contact infrared thermometer technology, so all our teams, fellow guests and yourself can be checked on arrival and you can trust you're entering a safe environment.
- We will be asking you to give an estimated arrival time so we offer you a swift check-in with minimal contact through our traditional reception spaces where safety screens can still offer a smile.
- We will also be asking when you would like breakfast during your stay so we're able to deliver your 'rise and shine' when you want it whilst maintaining a safe and distanced dining space.
- Whilst we are currently unable to take you to your room, we are providing both recyclable and digital download maps so you can easily find your room and explore our hotel. There will also be more signage around our hotel to help guide you.
- We will have new sanitising stations around our hotel so you can stay safe and sanitise on the go whilst enjoying our property and grounds.
- Your room has undergone a new intensive 10 step cleaning programme with medical grade anti-bacterial products, including disinfectant fogging of the entire space.
- Your room will only be serviced upon your request. Please pop the door hanger in your room door by 10am.
- You can find magazines and papers on the tablet in your room.
- Can’t find the TV remote? We’ve popped it in a sanitised sealed packet for you.
- We’ve re-introduced individual toiletries and added hand sanitiser for use throughout your stay and to take home. Please sanitise your hands each time you leave your room.
- If you fancy ordering room service, it will be brought to your door by one of our team, rather than entering into your room to respect your safe haven.
- We’ve all been so used to taking our daily exercise alone in our homes or outside, so to give you further choice between tennis, cycling and jogging we’ve added exercise mats to all our suites, as well as being available on request at reception for you to enjoy in the comfort of your safe haven or out in our grounds.
In line with government guidelines...
- Please demonstrate physical distancing to keep yourselves, fellow guests and our team as safe as possible.
- Please note our team members are not able to police government guidelines, so please be considerate to others at all times during your stay.