The Manor House golf club's
Guide to Golf
Play Safe, Stay Safe
We are delighted to be reopening up our course so you are able to enjoy getting back out on the green, whilst practicing social distancing and heightened self sanitisation for the safety of yourselves, those around you and our staff.
We kindly ask that the rules below are adhered to at all times in order to ensure the safety of both fellow golfers and the team that are here to look after you. Please do not hesitate to bring any concerns to our attention.
1. Course Access
From Monday 1st June, access to the course will be limited to club members or visitors with up to three other guests, as long as social distancing is maintained at all times.
- You must have a pre-reserved tee time.
- You are not in self-isolation and not required to self-isolate
- You are not displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- You have not have been out of the country in the last 14 days
2. Booking & Arrival
- Booking a tee time in advance is compulsory – via the website (no phone reservations will be taken). Guests will need to book and pre-pay online.
- Four balls are permitted, as long as social distancing is adhered to at all times.
- Buggies are available on a first come, first served basis, so it is strongly advised to book these in advance.
- Buggies are for single-rider, unless from the same household. To enable a fair allocation of buggies, there is a restriction of two buggies per four-ball, which means that two players will need to walk (unless from the same household). Please strictly adhere to the social distancing rules – play safe, stay safe.
- Only come to the club 30 minutes before your tee time. The practice facilities are reserved for warming up before teeing off within this timeframe.
- We require all players to provide a phone number and email address on booking.
- All golfers will be made aware of our measures prior to their visit through the online confirmation.
- Golfers should travel to the club alone, or with a member of the same household.
- Ample car parking spaces are available to ensure social distancing.
- All golfers to arrive at the course no more than 30 minutes prior to the reserved tee time. 10 minutes to check in and organise any items required, 10 minutes on the range, 5 minutes on the putting green and 5 minutes in the 1st tee waiting area prior to play, strictly in this order.
- Observe social distancing always and resist the temptation to mingle.
- Locker rooms for changing and toilets are closed.
- Arrange golf attire and change footwear at your car.
- Report straight to the Airstream upon arrival to check-in.
3. Check-in and Pro Shop Protocol
- Mandatory check in at the Airstream for all golfers. The halfway house is open from 7.30am - 7pm.
- While waiting to be served at the Airstream, 2 metre distance should be followed. There will be a marker 2 metres from Airstream. Remain outside of this zone unless being served.
- Essential golfing items will be available to purchase from the Airstream.
- Food and beverage items limited, primarily confectionary, hot and cold drinks and bacon rolls.
- Card payment only, no cash accepted at the till.
- No scorecards will be available, VPAR can be used on your phone.
- Social golf only. There will be no competitive golf.
4. Clubhouse Facilities
- A sanitising station will be available next to the Airstream halfway house.
- Clubhouse and Toilets will be closed.
- All tables, benches and chairs have been removed from around the Clubhouse and the course to discourage groups gathering.
5. To the First Tee
- Practice putting green is open, limited to four people at any one time. Players practicing must select one hole and observe social distancing.
- Arrive at the 1st tee no more than 5 minutes prior to the reserved tee time.
- 1st tee waiting area will be clearly marked.
- Any player(s) not following directions will be asked to leave the course.
- Tee off times strictly observed.
6. On the Course
- Social distancing observed throughout, particularly on tees and greens.
- Rubbish bins all removed. Please dispose of your rubbish in the bin provided by the half way house or the Buggy Store.
- Ball washers removed.
- Bunker rakes removed, players to smooth sand with feet after taking their shot.
- Flagsticks to remain in the hole and must not be touched.
- Hole cups inverted for simple, contact-free ball retrieval.
- Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area.
- Equipment, food, and drink must not be exchanged between players.
- Players must not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball.
- Players must refrain from handshakes and high fives.
- Buggies should be returned to outside the buggy store. Key to be placed in the box provided when the halfway house is closed.
7. Getting Home Safely
- Post-round, players should sanitise or wash their hands and head home. Any post-golf conversations should be limited and with social distancing strictly maintained (groups of six can meet outside whilst social distancing and following the 2 meter rule).
- A staff member will be on-site until 30 minutes past sunset.
Ensuring the Safety of our Staff, Members and their Guests
Our extensive measures ensure their safety, along with club members, guests, and visitors. All staff will be supplied with PPE, including masks and gloves where social distancing measures are not always possible. We also have a separate risk assessment and a training module that all our team have completed prior to working.
The Green Keeping team will be starting early enough to prepare the course without needing to come close to any guests. They will work separately and managed with staggered starting times and break times.
Our team are fully aware of the importance of cleanliness throughout their time at the club and home. All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised regularly. Anyone showing symptoms relating to COVID – 19 will not be working at the club.