Guide to Gym
at The Loft
Ensuring the Safety of our Staff, Members and their Guests
Our extensive measures ensure the safety of club members, guests, and visitors. Perspex screens are in use at the airstream and in the bar and other PPE, including masks and gloves where social distancing measures are not always possible. We also have a separate risk assessment and training module that all our team have completed prior to working.
The Housekeeping team will be starting early enough to prepare the gym without needing to come close to any guests. They all will work separately and managed with staggered starting times and break times to clean the gym at regular intervals. Sanitising stations and disinfectant wipes will be provided for guest use.
Our team are fully aware of the importance of cleanliness throughout their time at the club and home. All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised regularly. Anyone showing symptoms relating to COVID – 19 will not be working at the club.
We kindly ask that these rules are adhered to at all times in order to ensure the safety of both fellow members and the team that are here to look after you.
1. Gym Access
Access to gym is available to all members and The Manor House guests, requiring social distancing between other households and upon complying with the following points
- You must have booked your gym slot which includes a 50 minute workout and 10 minute turn round of equipment
- You must not come to the gym if you are in self-isolation
- You must not come to the gym if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, namely a fever with a temperature over 38 degrees, or a new continuous cough, or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
2. Booking & Arrival
- On arrival, please scan the NHS QR code using the NHS Track and Trace app. This can be completed by one lead member of the group who will be responsible for the whole party (maximum of 6). We will have written forms too if you do not have a mobile device or do not wish to download the NHS Track and Trace app
- Ample car parking spaces are available to ensure social distancing
- All gym members are to arrive at The Loft no more than 15 minutes prior to the reserved time in order to purchase refreshments if required
- Observe social distancing always and resist the temptation to mingle
- Changing rooms are closed. We ask you arrive “gym ready” with your own towel/water
3. Clubhouse and Gym Facilities
- Government guidelines state it is mandatory for all guests and staff to wear masks in all hotel and spa public areas, excluding outside areas, gym and when you are enjoying food and drink with us. Please note we have been asked by the government not to challenge those not wearing masks due to health reasons and there are some exclusions for our staff in non-public areas
- Sanitising stations will be located across the clubhouse and within the gym, along with disinfectant wipes for your own use
- Equipment will be positioned with social distancing measures in mind. We ask that refrain from moving the equipment and that you ensure a distance of 2m between yourself and others
- Please spend no more than 25 minutes on any one piece of equipment to allow others the chance to use it.
- Towels will not be provided at this time
- There will be capacity restrictions in place across the gym in line with availability on the booking portal
- Please observe all signage across the facilities in order to keep staff and members as safe as possible
- The water dispenser will not be available sadly at this time, so please do bring your own