Guide to Gym
at The Loft
Ensuring the Safety of our Staff, Members and their Guests
Our extensive measures ensure the safety of club members, guests, and visitors. Perspex screens are in use at the airstream and in the bar and other PPE, including masks and gloves where social distancing measures are not always possible. We also have a separate risk assessment and training module that all our team have completed prior to working.
The Housekeeping team will be starting early enough to prepare the gym without needing to come close to any guests. They all will work separately and managed with staggered starting times and break times to clean the gym at regular intervals. Sanitising stations and disinfectant wipes will be provided for guest use.
Our team are fully aware of the importance of cleanliness throughout their time at the club and home. All work areas and contact points are cleaned and sanitised regularly. Anyone showing symptoms relating to COVID – 19 will not be working at the club.
We kindly ask that these rules are adhered to at all times in order to ensure the safety of both fellow members and the team that are here to look after you.
1. Gym Access
Access to gym will be from Saturday 25th July 2020 from 7am to 8pm and will be limited to just our staff and gym members.
- You must have booked your gym slot which includes a 50 minute workout and 10 minute turn round of equipment
- You must not come to the gym if you are in self-isolation
- You must not come to the gym if you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms, namely a fever with a temperature over 38 degrees, or a new continuous cough, or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- You must not come to the gym if you have, within the last 14 days, returned from a non “air-bridge” country. Please visit the government website for further information
2. Booking & Arrival
- Gym members should travel to the gym alone, or with a member of the same household/bubble
- Ample car parking spaces are available to ensure social distancing
- All gym members are to arrive at The Loft no more than 15 minutes prior to the reserved time in order to purchase refreshments if required
- Observe social distancing always and resist the temptation to mingle
- Changing rooms are closed. We ask you arrive “gym ready” with your own towel/water
3. Clubhouse and Gym Facilities
- Sanitising stations will be located across the clubhouse and within the gym, along with disinfectant wipes for your own use
- Equipment will be positioned with social distancing measures in mind. We ask that refrain from moving the equipment and that you ensure a distance of 2m between yourself and others
- Towels will not be provided at this time
- There will be capacity restrictions in place across the gym in line with availability on the booking portal
- Please observe all signage across the facilities in order to keep staff and members as safe as possible
- The water dispenser will not be available sadly at this time, so please do bring your own
4. Getting Home Safely
- Post-session, members can stay on and use the clubhouse facilities in line with current guidelines (opening from August on Fridays, Saturday and Sundays). The Airstream behind the Clubhouse is also serving hot and cold drinks and snacks daily from 7am to 7pm