Good to knows

  • Weddings
Is The Manor House licensed for an outside ceremony?

Outside weddings available in our wedding pavilion. A wet weather ceremony room will need to be booked as a back up. With non exclusive use weddings there is an additional charge to use the pavilion.  

Who are the Licensed Registrars for The Manor House?

The Chippenham Registry Office are the Licensed Registrars for our hotel.  They can be contacted on 03000 034570. 

The local church in the village is called St Andrews Church. They are part of the Bybrook Ministry and can be contacted on 01249 782704 (working hours are: Monday, Wednesday & Friday 10.00am- 2.00pm)

What are the hotel's maximum capacities?

For an exclusive use wedding we can accommodate 150 guests for a ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception. For a non exclusive use wedding we can accommodate up to 110 guests for a ceremony & wedding breakfast and 140 for an evening reception.

Will our wedding be the only one on the day?

Yes, we are please to just offer one wedding reception per day. We are likely to have other private parties in other function rooms and residential and non residential guests in the public areas.  Other couples arriving for a honeymoon may also be at the hotel.   

Do you allow confetti at weddings?

Yes, dried rose petals/biodegradable confetti and preferably only outside.

Are candles permitted with the hotel?

In order to keep all of our guests and our precious buildings safe we operate a strict no naked flame/ candle policy throughout our hotel. We would however love for you to bring in as many battery operated candles as you so wish and we can also advise you of some of the lovely places wedding suppliers can hang strings of fairy lights which can look magical as the evening draws in.

Do you allow fireworks?
  • We do not allow fireworks or Chinese lanterns but do allow sparklers.
Is car parking available to my wedding guests?

We have parking available on site. Parking is complimentary to your guests on the day of your wedding.

What time does your license for the bar and music end?

With a non exclusive use wedding, music needs to stop at midnight. For exclusive use it needs to stop at 1.00am.

Ca we bring our own drinks for the wedding day?

We do not permit corkage on site. All beverages must be purchased and consumed at the Manor House.

Can I use my own suppliers?

Of course - it's your day and we understand it's got to be perfect.